[TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 5, Issue 25

Ben Zwissler bjzwissler at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 15:46:38 MST 2011

Guy,

There should be a spring, a steel diaphragm with a vertical pin and a
rubber diaphragm inside the unit.  Modern PCV valves control flow to the
intake manifold to some optimum amount.  Usually there's a spring/valve
that only opens when there's pressure difference to pull it open and
then if flow gets too high there's the other side of the valve closes
when forced up all the way against the spring.  I'm not sure the TR4A
has the flow limiting feature as if you use the vented cap so much air
will flow through the PCV valve that you'll have trouble keeping idle low.

AFAIK the internal parts are available from the major vendors.

Ben.....

Ben Zwissler
bjzwissler at gmail.com
Columbus, IN