[TR] TR250 suspension question

Andrew Uprichard auprichard at uprichard.net
Wed Jan 19 16:00:34 MST 2011

A question for the cognoscenti :-)

How much "spring" should there be in the lower A arms? (the car is a TR250,
but I imagine it also holds true for others)  If I attach them to the frame,
I have about a quarter-inch gap either side of the trunnion on the passenger
side.  The gap is minimal on the driver's side.  The converse is also true:
If I build the suspension on the bench and present it to the car, some
effort is required to attach and tighten them.  I should add that all parts
are new and I am using neoprene bushings.

Perhaps I am being too obsessive here - and the fix would presumably require
frame alterations - but before I "tighten it all up", I'd be interested in
your collective thoughts.

Andrew Uprichard
TCF 191L (TR3B) 6 years post-restoration
CD 8433 L (TR250) probably 6 years to go