[TR] Griot's waterless car wash

KingsCreekTrees at aol.com KingsCreekTrees at aol.com
Wed Jan 19 06:03:34 MST 2011

Hi Dave;

I have not specifically used that brand, but I do have experience of
waterless car washes in general.

While I worked for the UK headquarters of Porsche and, later, Volvo, we
experimented with several brands. None of them dissolved the dirt sufficiently
 to prevent micro scratching. Since, I have read reports in classic car
magazines  that say the same thing.

In addition to our TR3A, we also own a 1965 Volvo PV544 Sport, which is in
near-perfect condition except for micro-scratching all over it that I
failed to  notice when I was buying the car. The previous owner is a waterless
car wash  dealer and swears by it. He often used the waterless car wash
products on the  Volvo but I am completely convinced this has caused the micro
scratching.

Tim

Tim Dyer,  Kings Creek Trees and Ornamentals
Professional growers of quality tree  seedlings and distinctive perennials
in the Ottawa, Canada area.
_www.kingscreektrees.com_ (http://www.kingscreektrees.com/)

Proud  members of Landscape Ontario, Christmas Tree Farmers of Ontario, the
Ottawa  Botanical Garden Society and several horticultural  societies.