[TR] Front grill valance 1972 Triumph TR6

thenicholls at verizon.net thenicholls at verizon.net
Fri Jan 14 16:06:19 MST 2011

List,

Happy 2011.  Working on my TR6 if it ever warms up.

One owner 72 TR6.  I worked on a front grill restoration, the original one had plastic wrapped on the lower valance (which I have heard from other owners they have seen).

I removed the entire grill, replaced the valance with one from TRF, painted the grill, and put it all back together.  It turned out great.

Two years later, the point at the front of the valance has the paint off and rust showing.  So, I purchased another valance from TRF and am looking for some advice.

What would be the best way to prevent this from happening again.  My thoughts:
1.)  Paint the whole thing with Rustoleum
2.)  Paint the whole thing with a matte finish clear coat

Any input on this would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Craig
1972 Triumph TR6