[TR] Miata Seat Conversion Kit-----update UNCLE JACK'S DESIGN as produced by A.R.E.

n197tr4 at cs.com n197tr4 at cs.com
Fri Jan 7 20:45:22 MST 2011

New PRODUCTION RUN of this kit PENDING at the end of the month.................................................

We supported the production of Uncle Jack's original conversion design and helped with marketing. We ran a couple of production lots for Uncle Jack and he distributed.

Following Jack's passing, son Tony handed off the entire project to us.

The we produced a couple of production runs....Bob Danielson and Paul Rego pointed out a few things about the kit when we sent them samples of the kit.  Great guys to work with, especially when we had no experience with the original design and an actual installation

Over a period of time I acquired MIATA seats and pieces to evaluate the design. Finally, we held a design review with all of the pieces in place. We discovered what we think is an error in measurement leading to difficulty in installation, as we had been advised.

The offending part has been redesigned and a new production run has been scheduled for the end of the month. So we are running about 25 more kits and have a backlog of about 12 orders. If you want a kit, please send me your interest and I put you on the list and I will pass it to Sean.

We would produce 50 kits, but we may see opportunities for further improvements and perhaps commonalities leading to a kit for the TR4A and TR4......GETTING TIME to do the ultimate kit is difficult, but we would like to work at.

Thanks to some mentoring by BOB and PAUL, along with some patience, we have an improved kit with the possibility of further progress.

The feedback we get on the installation and use of the Miata seats is very positive  and makes this a very worthwhile and satisfying project

Joe Alexander     n197tr4 at cs.com
Sean Alexander