[TR] Miata seats update

John & Pat Donnelly pdonnel1 at san.rr.com
Fri Jan 7 20:30:29 MST 2011

Hi Don,

I have a '67 TR4A and have made the Miata conversion. I also got the install
kit from Uncle Jack a few weeks before his wreck.

My seats are from a 1993 Miata after having paid $125 to a LA junkyard for
the pair. They have the speakers in the headrests. In order to fit them I
used aluminum flat plate I got from Home Depot, cut and drilled to use the
original railing holes. $10 invested.

Then Uncle Jack created a bracket kit, and I bought one of the original sets
to try it out. More elegant than my sawed off aluminum, at least I thought
that. But, the brackets didn't fit. It turns out that the 4A rail pattern is
different than the '6 pattern and was about an inch or so off in the center.
So I went back to my original custom brackets. I emailed Tony my results,
but there was a lot going on after the wreck and maybe it got lost. Anyway,
if you search the archives you may find the thread.

I had the seats reupholstered using a Katzkin kit. Black leather with white
piping. I love the seats, and so does my wife.

Johnnie