[TR] exhaust temps

Darrell Walker darrellw at ipns.com
Wed Jan 5 21:08:19 MST 2011

I've purchased a wide-band O2 sensor to install in my car.  They say that the sensor shouldn't see an exhaust temp over 1300 F, and that the housing shouldn't get over 900 F.  But I have no idea what my temps are, and if those temps are high or low.  Has anyone ever measured these temps on a 4 cyl TR, or have any other reference point to know if I should really worry?  I'm also going to be installing a supercharger (the reason I really want to monitor the mixture), so I don't know if that will have a significant effect on the temps.  I want to install the sensor right after the collector in the header.

BTW, this is the system I'm installing:

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/g5_gauge.php

-Darrell
--