[TR] TR vent tube

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Jan 3 18:03:37 MST 2011

> The vent tube has started leaking oil at the joint between the tube and
> the block. It is not an occasional drip rather, it answers the question
> as to why people use their washers when following me.

This seems strange to me.  Are you sure the tube hasn't gotten blocked
somehow?  Or could you have a broken ring?  Any chance something else in the
area is leaking and it just looks like the tube (like maybe the oil pressure
line) ?

Even with the tube fairly loose in the block, I wouldn't expect much oil to
leak there.  As long as the tube is open, there shouldn't be any pressure
against that joint.

I assume the little link that holds the tube in place is present and
accounted for (ie tight on both sides).  If so, I don't see any reason for
the silicone to fail.

-- Randall