[TR] TR2/3 gas tank alignment?

Angelo Graham agraham at execulink.com
Mon Jan 3 16:41:37 MST 2011

Hello List and Happy New Year to all:
Just finished installing the gas tank in my TR2 project and noticed that
when the straps are on the tank and all 4 bolts tightened, the filler
neck and tank spigot are out of line. There is a noticeable "kink" in
the rubber sleeve connecting the two. Is this OK?
If I slacken the front (longer) bolts, the necks come into alignment,
but it doesn't seem right to have exposed threads. I have used 1/4"
closed cell foam pads under the tank (lower and upper mounting surfaces).
Not sure if more foam should be used under the front of the tank or is
the misalignment of the tank and filler taken up by the rubber sleeve?
Thanks for any help and insight into this.
Angelo Graham