[TR] Subject: rear oil seal TR3 In Place

Catpusher at aol.com Catpusher at aol.com
Fri Feb 25 17:04:48 MST 2011

Randall, always a pleasure to hear from you.  The time I did it with  the
flywheel in place was on the race car with an alloy flywheel that might have
had a little extra room. We may have shortened the set screws and perhaps
removed the crank thrust washers. Not ideal for the timing chain tensioner,
but we made the race.
 The last time was on a street TR4A, and the gearbox and flywheel  had to
be removed.  I might take a couple of images and produce an article  if there
is enough interest. Tony D might post it on his site.

Hardy

In a message dated 2/25/2011 3:41:28 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
TR3driver at ca.rr.com writes:

> My  last post about changing a standard rear crank seal
<snip>
>  and with the early TR2/3 flywheel  it can be
> done with  the
> gearbox and flywheel in place.

I'm having a hard time  visualizing this : How do you get the bolts out (and
back in) of the upper  half of the seal, with the flywheel in the way ?

-- Randall