[TR] [6pack] Spal Fan Question

Bud Rolofson levilevi at comcast.net
Fri Feb 25 09:32:41 MST 2011

While trying to figure out how to mount a 16 inch Permacool fan to my
TR6 radiator I discovered with just a bit of torque I could get it
inside of the the side pieces of the radiator and flush to the fins.
I put four of the the little cushion feet on the fan and "popped" the
fan inside the side pieces and right next to the fins.  I realized it
was such a good fit that I was done.  No screws, no fasteners through
the fins or the radiator, or anything to hold it in place.  It wasn't
going anywhere, especially with the crossmember about 1/8 of an inch
away from the fan motor housing.  Have run it that way for about 3-4
years with no problem.  Sitting right "on" the fins provides for a
very efficient pull of air through the radiator and optimal cooling.
Makes for a nice clean installation and provides a mystery for anyone
looking closely at it wondering how it's attached to the
radiator...its not.  Could be a serendipidous occurance just for my
radiator but it might work for others.  Oh and my sensor is near upper
hose as others have suggested.

Bud Rolofson

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)
71F-250 Camper Special (Triumph Support Vehicle)
Z-50A Hardly Davidson 1977 Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)
levilevi at comcast.net