[TR] tr-4 diff cover...

Greg Schuett tr4boy at att.net
Thu Feb 24 15:54:04 MST 2011

Folks,
I'm planning to replace the gasket for the diff cover on my 64 tr-4.  There is a welded clip on the cover that holds the rear brake line tight to the cover. I thought I'd just pry open the clip and pop the line out, but I can't get the clip to spread open. any thoughts on how to free up this line ? I guess I could remove the line at the slave cylinders but I don't really want to open the braking system just to change out the gasket...am  I missing something?

thanks,
Greg