[TR] What do you use to clean greasy parts?

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Feb 23 09:20:33 MST 2011

> Just curious. Does anyone use a parts washer? If so, what
> cleaning solution do you use in the parts washer?

I did, until it quit working.  Came with 5 gallons of some sort of
petroleum-based solvent, which eventually dissolved the pump.

I've tried some of the water-based cleaners, including Simple Green.
Nothing I've tried works as well as plain old diesel fuel (or home heating
oil).  They do work, especially if you get them hot and use a strong spray,
but diesel works without all that fuss.

If you poke around on-line, I think you'll find plans for a home-made waste
oil burner ...

-- Randall