[TR] Luggage Rack - Chrome or Stainless Steel

thenicholls at verizon.net thenicholls at verizon.net
Tue Feb 22 13:40:07 MST 2011

I ordered stainless from TRF and sent them back because they looked green to me.  I like the chrome.

Craig
1972 Triumph TR6

Feb 22, 2011 02:45:33 PM, cfmtr3a at verizon.net wrote:

LOL 12 responses - 3 for SS; 3 for Chrome; 3 for either; 3 for neither (detracts from the looks of the car). Anyone want to be the tie breaker.

General consensus
Chrome looks better - bright chrome like bumpers - must be diligent in waxing - will eventually rust - (In stock);
Stainless Steel less likely to rust - closer in appearance to the beading - less shiny - (3-6 week delay)

Since I live in the land of 80%+ humidity the scales are tipping slightly - ever so slightly - toward stainless. I wonder how the concourse judges might react - not that I am looking at a 100/400 pt car.

Thanks to all that responded on or off list - additional responses still appreciated.
Carl