[TR] [6pack] MX5 Miata seats

Bob Danielson 75tr6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Tue Feb 15 06:56:39 MST 2011

Hi Guido,

I've got the whole process documented on my site
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/MiataSeats1.htm

Make sure you get the early Miata seats as the older ones get too wide to
fit without modifying the frame for the top. I made up my own brackets and
then worked with Joe Alexander on his brackets.  In the seat installation
section, you'll find a reference to brackets that A.R.E. (Joe Alexander)
makes but these won't fit a right hand drive car using seats from a RHD MX5.
Joe had a customer try and they had to modify the brackets to get it all to
fit.

The other advantage to finding early MX5 seats is that they have a cut-out
in the headrest for speakers.

Bob

Bob Danielson
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org