[TR] TR4 radiator progress report

Jim Vassiliadis diggle at clear.net.nz
Mon Feb 14 12:29:44 MST 2011

First I would like to thank the people who replied to my posting.

The radiator is in and the fan mounted on the front.
I tried to remove the fan extension dog but did not have the correct tools
so decided to remove the plastic fan from the dog and install the 10"
electric fan on the front as a pusher.
The only problem I had was with the temp sensor, which was to be inserted
between a hose and the steel pipe between the two bottom hoses.
Could not get it to stop leaking, even with the special pad that the temp
sensor wire ran down the middle of until I tightened the hose clip up with a
socket and wrench.
I have run it once on my car pad, adjusted the activation temp and it works
very very well.
All thats left is to add an override switch and then to take it for a run on
the road.

Jim and the getting close to being back on the road TR4