[TR] TR4 radiator Progrees report

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 09:17:30 MST 2011

On 2/5/11, Jim Vassiliadis <diggle at clear.net.nz> wrote:
> ...had my 1962 TR4 radiator cored.... I can only fit a 10" fan due to the crank hole

On my TR3A which still has the crank hole I used a 12" electric.  It
covers the hole but I can still use the crank -- I had to cut one of
the ribs on the fan housing to allow the crank through.  When I insert
the hand crank the tip just pushes the fan blade out of the way (if it
is even in the way) and then on thru to the hub.

If you're planning on eliminating the hub but still using the crank
then I think life is going to get complicated.

Since non-originality may bug you (your comment on wanting the crank
hole) why not mount the fan as an auxillary pusher and keep the stock
fan (or better still a correct tropical fan)? That is what I did as
the pusher is very hard to detect w/o looking into the grille.  From
the engine compartment all appears original and the electric
fan/tropical fan seem to be an effective combo even in Tucson summers.