[TR] Spring: Non-Triumph

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Fri Feb 4 16:29:56 MST 2011

Oh, and coil body 1 and 3-8ths outside to outside.

Thanks, everyone, for even looking at this!

****************************
Apologies for bombing the list.  Am turning to the most knowledgeable guys I know for this.

Have been renovating a study upstairs, building a dream desk, all that.  Have an oak swivel office chair I stumbled on 35 years ago that I used through college and  life, but the spring broke and now it's useless.

I need a hooked extension spring as follows:

6" total length
.25" wire diameter
5.5" coil length
.5" gap between hook and body

This happened long ago, and I was able to source an old automobile hood spring. Now it broke.

Tried McMaster Carr, but can't locate something similar.

Any thoughts?