[TR] [Mg-t] What Is It?

spook01@comcast.net spook01 at comcast.net
Mon Dec 26 15:34:30 MST 2011

Particularly those hairy, tooled leather bonnet straps the owners seem so very fond of!

But a funny Morgan story:  my buddy had a black +4 and wanted to convert it to something called a Super Sports (or perhaps just Sport) model.  Apparently it required different bonnet side panels from his Standard model.
What to do?
He ordered new side panels directly from Morgan using the serial number of his car!
We spent months listening to tales of how Morgan kept wonderfully complete records on every car they made..had the best support of any company...hand made...true craftsmanship....blah, blah, blah..
The panels arrived at long last, and after filler priming, sanding, painting, careful polishing, delicate handling, ad nauseum, the panels were fitted and the bonnet closed.
We all watched as the bonnet was carefully, gently, lovingly, lowered.....to find Morgan made it five inches too shallow on one side, four on the other.
We rolled on the grass, lol!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone