[TR] Beer!

Michael Marr mmarr at notwires.com
Sun Dec 25 15:23:49 MST 2011

I was at Binny's liquor store here, looking for Spifire ale (that's the
extent of the Triumph content of this note), when I found a six pack of
Cain's Dark Mild.  For those of you that did not grow up in the UK, the pubs
in GB generally used to have three draft beers - bitter, mild, and best
bitter.  Mild has pretty much disapeared from the landscape now, as far as I
can tell, so I was very excited to find this beer here in the US.  Cain's is
a brewery I have never heard of but is apparently located in Liverpool
(Frank Fisher - have you heard of them?).  Anyway, it is an EXCELLENT mild,
and I can heartily recommend it to any of you beer aficianados out there
(and I know there are several...).

Merry Christmas to all!

Mike