[TR] TR3 Timing Gears

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Thu Dec 22 10:38:23 MST 2011

As I ramp up thinking about what I need for a TR3A engine rebuild, I searched archives for anything current on how to source new timing gears.  The question I seem to remember from years ago was whether quality after-market gears exist.

Makes sense, as Listers in archives agree, to replace the gears and chain together.  But many cited softness of the replacement gears.

Any good quality repacements out there?  --Maybe Ken Gilanders since I trust anything he sells?  --or simply buy replacement gears and take them to a machine shop for hardening?

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire