[TR] sort of funny

John Macartney flywheelcoventry1 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Dec 21 10:35:58 MST 2011

Hi, Dave

My son and I recently removed some artwork from his car that he'd
used to advertise his business. The firm that originally supplied and fitted
the material said that an ordinary domestic hairdryer would sufficiently warm
the plastic to enable it's easy removal. Must admit I needed some convincing -
but it worked great. Start at an edge and move the dryer up and down in a
small area to get things started and then as you peel it back, just work on
the area you want to loosen. It took us about an hour to do two sides, bonnet
and rear tailgate. Then a thorough wash with car shampoo and a hose of cold
water followed by a liquid wax polish that had a slightly 'cleansing' effect -
and you wouldn't know the images had been there. It's worth a try and I guess
you'll be repainting the dash anyway?

Jonmac
http://standard-triumph-books.co.uk