[TR] TR3A on eBay - NFI - anyone know the car?

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 06:41:00 MST 2011

On 12/20/11 6:10 AM, Bob Labuz wrote:

> Anyway, it is a nice car. Very well done and for 90K it should be!
Yes but one would think that if that much money was going to be poured
into a car that they would build it to be competitive in concourse.
Concourse seems to be where the high value specimens of a model live.

That's a lot of money for a super nice driver that has a full race
engine.  And a full race engine, assuming that's what it is, has limited
street flexibility.

Assuming of course the ad is honest with $$ spent & engine output.  I
tend to be a little skeptic when someone claims that much money spent
and that much power out of an engine built to be used on the street. The
numbers might possibly have been stretched a tad.   I have to ask why
would someone spend about 3X what a car might sell for rebuilding a car
for sale?  And why would someone put a full race engine in a street
car?  I would want to see receipts & dyno a power chart.

But it does appear to be a very nice looking car.

Teriann