[TR] TR3 Backup Light

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Dec 14 16:12:04 MST 2011

> I would like to go for #4 - but not sure if I can engineer it from
> scratch.

Shouldn't be too hard.  Get a snap-action micro switch with a roller (any
electronics supplier, except maybe Radio Shack), plus some flat iron strap
from Lowes or Home Depot.  Hold the switch up where the reverse rail will
hold the lever down when not in reverse, but not hold it down with reverse
selected.  Bend the flat iron to hold the switch in that position.

I forget which one offhand, but there was some factory application where
they did the reverse switch that way (except they used one of the isolator
switches).  Here's an example of the type of switch I would use:
http://tinyurl.com/84oqg2w

If you do go for an operator switch, I strongly encourage you to include an
indicator lamp.  Otherwise you may forget to turn it off, and some states
have laws against showing white to the rear while moving forward.

-- Randall