[TR] TR3 Backup Light

Andrew S. Mace zoboherald at aol.com
Wed Dec 14 15:14:18 MST 2011

Carl, ISTR items such as reverse lamps were often wired up back then much as
fog or spot lamps were done: with a simple pull switch, sometimes with a small
illuminated portion in the middle of the knob. See, for example, something
like this one from Holden UK:

<http://www.holden.co.uk/pAGroupimages/0508.jpg>

At one time, I think there might even have been similar Lucas switches with a
very small "white" illumination in the knob; there seems to be what's left of
one under the dash of my early Standard Pennant, which may or may not at one
time have had a reverse lamp on the back. The illuminated switches are nice
inasmuch as a: they're simple to wire in, and b: the light reminds you to turn
the silly thing off when you're done reversing the car! :)

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with wings.

Triumph 10 / Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph
Register: http://www.vtr.org

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald
Database: http://triumph-herald.us