[TR] TR4A - Fuel on top of fuel pump

G.D. Huggins guy at genfiniti.com
Sun Dec 11 16:31:04 MST 2011

All,

OK.. this is odd.

I go into the garage, and smell the powerful odor of fuel.
Suspecting a fuel leak somewhere in the line, I go searching, only to find
some gasoline pooled on the TOP of the manual fuel pump, with no sign of a
leak any place else
I cannot figure out how fuel could possibly find itself to the top of the fuel
pump body, as most fluids tend to run downhill.

My only theory is that the fuel is being drawn-up, against the force of
gravity, through the holes that secure the circular top of the pump, to the
main body.

Has anyone ever experienced this?

Cheers,

Guy D. Huggins