[TR] Update on TR3A from 2 weeks ago

Alex ambritts at bellsouth.net
Sun Dec 11 10:02:56 MST 2011

Hi Randall,
First off.....I gave bad info on the proud........3 were .006" and 1 was
.0055.

Reassembled and checked compression. No change.........

Pulled exhaust valve in the cylinder in question and the one next to it and
both looked the same.

Rechecked flatness of head and deck with a straight edge and feeler gauges
and could not  get a .001" feeler under the straight edge.

Looking like rings at this point.

Did determine that the engine has 86mm pistons.... with the following info
on the top of the pistons.....

BOTT-OC45     RA5228    STD.

Any info on these pistons as far as 3 or 4 ring pistons?

Alex