[TR] [Bulk] Re: TR3A head gasket

Alex ambritts at bellsouth.net
Sat Dec 10 19:25:14 MST 2011

Wanted to thank everyone for feedback on the coating for the head. I was at
the point of reinstalling the head and unfortunately had no responses yet.
Something I should have asked way before pulling the head. Went with hylomar
as a substitute for wellseal that the book recommended.

Anyway, it appeared that the head was not torqued properly, so I went with the
reinstall with a new gasket. If there is no improvement it looks likes magna
fluxing the end may be in order. A calculated gamble based on initial
findings.

Thanks again,
Alex