[TR] TR 2/3 resonator in exhaust system?

KingsCreekTrees at aol.com KingsCreekTrees at aol.com
Wed Dec 7 15:33:08 MST 2011

Hi all;

I have an early TR3A which was fitted with the forward silencer and the
rear resonator as part of the tailpipe. The rear resonator rusted, so I
replaced  it with a TR2 one (i.e., just a pipe with a slight, and necessary, kink
in it).  The car is not too loud (but loud enough!!!) and I saved a few
bucks. If  rebuilding a sidescreen TR exhaust system, I'd definitely use the TR2
(i.e., no  resonator) tailpipe.

Tim in Ontario, Canada. TS22930LO.

At least  some TR2's started life with one longish muffler - longer than the
tr3 or  tr4 - and no resonator.

Back when I was 16 and viciously attacking the  poor car -  I replaced it
with a cherry bomb glas pack - and it was  too loud (aka. perfect) -
apparently as my folks gave me a TR4 resonator  for my birthday.   It's
still on there and in my opinion - sounds  great.

I think you'll be happy adding the resonator on as well - From  what I
recall the TR2 was quite loud with the stock muffler. or - mine had  already
rotted out from the  inside....
Chris

triumphs at autox.team.net

Archive:  http://www.team.net/archive