[TR] RV Rental (kind of Triumph related)

pethier at comcast.net pethier at comcast.net
Mon Dec 5 19:55:26 MST 2011

I can't share any experience with CruiseAmerica, but I have seen lots of them on the road out west.  The occupants seemed to be smiling.

When Sue and I went the 2009 VTR in California we checked with CruiseAmerica, but found that they would not allow a trailer weighing more than 2500 pounds.  No way old Pace trailer with a TR4 inside was going to qualify.  We rented from a local outfit (Two locations in Minnesota and Manitoba) which had a unit they would rent for a trailer up to 8000 pounds.

If you are not taking a trailer, you options will be a lot wider than ours were.  The outfit we rented from had a 5-day minimum.  They waived it for the shakedown weekend we took The Rendezvous since we were taking the rig for 4 weeks for the VTR.

1973 Triumph Stag LE22439UBW "uncle jack", Sapphire Blue
2004 Suburban 8.1, Sport Red, the only automatic of the bunch
2005 Lotus Elise, Bordeaux Red Pearl
2007 Saturn Ion 3 2.4, Berry Red
pethier [at] comcast [dot] net
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier