[TR] blown headgasket without milky coolant or oil?

Jeremiah Curry jeremiah at curryclan.net
Mon Dec 5 19:03:09 MST 2011

Wow you must be a better mechanic than me (it doesn't take much)  I have
spent about 2 hours and have it to the point where I should be able to pull
the head now.  However I can't get it to budge, but just yanking on it.  I
tried tapping the head lightly with a hammer to see if it would loosen up,
no luck.  Is there a trick to getting the head to break loose?  I am
guessing it would be a bad idea to turn the engine over to do it with
compression?

Thanks,

Jeremiah

  _____