[TR] blown headgasket without milky coolant or oil?

Jeremiah Curry jeremiah at curryclan.net
Sat Dec 3 11:34:45 MST 2011

Howdy all,

I while back I had some card trouble on a long drive to my new house.  The
consensus was the my headgasket was blown.  Usual symptons: overhating,
white smoke, steam or smoke coming from valve cover vent, etc.

I had to park it while I got moved in and the other day I decided to take a
look at it, I drove it around the block and then looked at the oil and
coolant.  I expected both to be cloudy, but they aren't.  The oil is dark,
but not cloudy and the coolant looks clear.  Is it possible to have a blown
headgasked and not have those symptoms?

Thanks,

Jeremiah