[TR] Fluid recommendations

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Sat Dec 3 09:12:40 MST 2011

In a message dated 12/3/2011 6:37:56 AM Central Standard Time,
ccsimonsen at gmail.com writes:
> I just replaced all the flexiblr fuel lines on a friends tr3 with
> Barricade
> fuel hose by Gates.
>
> The inside of the old hose was quite crumbly and did not look so very old.
>
> I've only been using this hose a short while so I have no personal
> experience on how well it will hold up but I think it is the right stuff
> use with today's fuels.

I've been told that all fuel hose sold in recent years is alcohol tolerant.
 And considering that all the fuel hose on the TR3 is easily accessible,
this is not a tough job.  The fuel pump diaghram needs attention, too.  Mine
turned into a piece of hard plastic.  It didn't pump nuthin'.

After that, the only worries are the disolving of the varnish that has
accumulated in the tank.  Worst case is you can pull the tank and have it
cleaned and sealed which is probably a good thing to do in any case.

Dave