[TR] Fluid recommendations

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Dec 1 10:14:00 MST 2011

What I use:

> Engine oil...

Valvoline 20W50 full synthetic

> gearbox...

Redline MT-90

> .rear axle..

Valvoline full synthetic 75W90 gear oil

> .grease fittings...

Sta-Lube Premium Red grease

> steering box...

Valvoline full synthetic 75W90 gear oil

> .radiator antifreeze...

Usually Prestone "extended life", but only about 30/70 instead of the
recommended 50/50 since I live where it very rarely freezes.

>..gas..

Costco Premium

>.lead substitute...

I don't use lead substitute.

> etc.

Carb dampers : 20 weight motor oil, any brand.  (Had to buy from MMC last
time, as none of the local stores carry straight 20 weight any more.)

For lubing all the points that need a drop of oil from time to time, I stand
my motor oil bottles upside down in a pump oil can to collect the last few
drops.

Front wheel bearings : Sta-Lube "Moly Graph" wheel bearing grease (in a
tub).

Brake fluid : DOT 5

-- Randall