[TR] 1964 TR4 Triumph for sale (San Bernardino)

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Aug 29 11:13:36 MDT 2011

> Wouldn't $6000 in 1963 have been more like Aston Martin or Jaguar money
> than TR4 money?

Certainly seems to be something wrong there, as a TR4A sold for around $3000
(with hardtop) in 1966.

I'd say his other prices are similarly out of line, but I'm certainly no
expert.  The best approach might be to find some comparable recent sales and
show him the information.  Plus a 1963 ad, if you can find one.

Or just pass and keep looking.  Craigslist car ads seem frequently
overpriced to me; I just thought this one might be interesting to the group.
To my uneducated eye, that looks like a factory "surrey" top, which I
understand are somewhat scarce these days.

-- Randall