[TR] TR4 fuel delivery issues?

Gary O'Hagan goh62agan at verizon.net
Thu Aug 25 20:36:14 MDT 2011

Thanks to all who responded.  Let me add some clarifications.
No,  they are Zenith Stromberg carbs. They came with the car.  Sure I'd like
SU's or Webers, but my goal is to finish the car by the most direct course and
maybe I can change the carbs after its drivable.  Another variable at this
stage is more than I'm ready to take on.
Not sure about the engine condition.  The DPO says he rebuilt it , but its
been sitting around for years. The engine was not in the car when I got it.
Seemed OK with a compression check, but I do worry about some undiscovered
internal issues.
The oil leak is a separate issue. No idea where this came from but, the last
few times the engine has been running it hasn't been leaking oil.  Probably
just a matter of time before this rebleeds.
My next step will be to check for any fuel delivery issues starting at the
tank and working through the carbs.