[TR] Tenax pegs - TR3

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Thu Aug 25 16:43:50 MDT 2011

>The chrome windshield frame for the TR3 has 10 Tenax pegs - 10-32 threading.
>The two outermost holes on the frame I had re-chromed in 2001 (yes 2001) are
>stripped.  In fact there is no threading in the hole at all.

>What is the fix?

Solar orbits ago, I had the same problem.  My fix--not necessarily the best, mind you--was purchase of one of the tenax fasteners that has a female post and a countersunk chrome screw to tie it down.  I drilled through the windshield frame, careful not to touch the glass, then insereted the tenax peg from the outside and screwed it in place from the inside.  It's not something I notice, but then I'm not particularly a purist.  Available from the Big Three, as I recall.

Yah, what I discovered anyway down the road is, when it's raining outside, it's raining inside anyway!

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire