[TR] TR250 Stromberg plug

Roger Elliott elliottr at rmi.net
Wed Aug 24 20:35:18 MDT 2011

Hi Everyone,

When we were leaving Breckenridge after the VTR, the mi wife's 250 was running very poorly.  We discovered that a plug in the rear carb was missing.  The front carb has a port on top that goes to the distributor - not sure if it is vacuum or retard.  The rear carb has the same hole, but there was nothing in it.  It must have fallen out somehow.

I tried a pipe threaded plug that was close but not right (I don't remember the size).  So we ended up using a rubber plug in the hole.

Does anyone know what size of plug I would need?  Is it something I can find at a hardware store?  I could not find the part at any of the usual places.

Thanks,
Roger Elliott