[TR] Looking for a TR6

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Wed Aug 24 06:05:03 MDT 2011

On Tuesday, August 23, 2011 05:17:18 pm Andy Graybeal wrote:
> Howdy Californians
> Looking for a TR6 that is presentable (not concours) and mechanically
> reasonably sound. Should be in the Los Angeles area or the SF Bay
> area. Hopefully it can be had for under $10K. My son is returning to
> the TR fold and figures such a car would suit his daily driving
> needs.  Should I head him off? :-)
>
> Andy Graybeal
>

> Andy Graybeal
> Triumph Travelers Sports Car Club
> http://www.triumphtravelers.org/Index.php
> andy.graybeal at gmail.com
> 650.968.6877

Andy,

Cant help you here with the car as I am in NY but dont head him off!

I finally completed the restoration of my 72 6 a few weeks ago and now have
about 100 miles on the clock. I can say it is a real nice ride. The exhaust
note is more of a roar when compared to my 3 and 4. Real noticeable on the
down shift.

If he really wants a Triumph and he is willing to learn the cars, I would say
let him. We need a new generation to take over the hobby.

Bob