[TR] TRIUMPH FAMILies McGuire & Bob Johns

n197tr4 at cs.com n197tr4 at cs.com
Tue Aug 23 18:04:10 MDT 2011

Robert Johns and Chuck McGuire were both in Germany within months of each
other and running up and down the autobahn in their TR3s.

Chuck had a bigger load which had a wife and baby tucked in the right seat,
and then came home to race at Greenwood and Road America.

Robert raced for the Triumph factory for a period, including Sebring with Mike
Rothschild, then went on to a career at Ford as an engineer and manager.
Robert and Jean made an appearance at VTR, if you missed them.

Great Triumph history surrounds us.

Remember we have the 60th ANNIVERSARY OF THE FIRST SPORTS TRIUMPH comining up
next April at Road Atlanta.   It will also be the 10th running of the Kastner
Cup presented by the Friends of Triumph  and Classic Motorsports. Be there.

Joe A