[TR] An electrical question to the list and an offer

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Aug 16 22:25:45 MDT 2011

> There was a Ebay vendor that sold new improved sockets with a separate
> ground
> for each socket but he informs me he is out of stock.

FWIW, the new sockets I got from both TRF and Rimmers were of the new design
(with the separate ground terminal).  Much better design IMO, but the new
ground wire is required.  They don't ground at all through the clip (as the
old ones did).

I think the Buckeye Triumphs site has a tech article on how to solder the
ground within the original sockets.  On my Stag, I actually had to add a
short length of wire to bridge the gap!

-- Randall