[TR] TR-3B Head Replacement (John Walker)

Frank Fisher yellowtr3 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 15 17:11:02 MDT 2011

great picture Geo
i used Randall's fire ring recently and having done it once
ill never build a wet liner again without doing this.
as you can see from the
picture one side of the copper gasket is rolled over to hold the non rolled
side in place.
the fire ring is soldered in place just around the where the
roll over finishes. the solder is just to hold it in place.
Randall told me he
now uses super glue to hold the ring of wire in place.
i soldered in 4 places.
the fire ring side goes to the sleeve side, not the head.
i did not attempt to
have any groves machined into the sleeves.
its been great since.
Frank