[TR] TR4 Weak Turn Cancellation Mechanism:

Daehler, William F william.f.daehler at delphi.com
Mon Aug 15 07:49:59 MDT 2011

After completing a turn my turn indicator lever usually fails to  cancel.  I
can stay "turning left" or "turning right" for miles and miles.

I have removed the escutcheons and studied the mechanism.  All the parts are
there, and it does work when its off.   It looks Just kind of worn looking,
and as certainly complicated as a Swiss watch.

I'm tempted to weld taller bumps on top of the risers of the cancellation clip
that snaps onto the steering wheel shaft.

Has anyone out there resolved a similar problem? And what  did you try or do?

Will Daehler
Sr.Process Engineer
Delphi Electronics
Cell 414-477-0356

*********** Note: If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the
replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you.