[TR] TR-3B Head Replacement

Bud Rolofson levilevi at comcast.net
Sat Aug 13 15:04:39 MDT 2011

John,

Not sure I can answered the "which way does it face" question
correctly or clearly but I can tell you how I had it done on my TR6
head.

Grooves were machined into the head and the wire placed in the
grooves.  The wire stood a bit proud of the head surface.  The wire
ends up pressing into the head gasket that sits on top of the block.
Now I don't have a wet liner engine so take that advice into
consideration, as I don't know if the same technique applies.  But
unless you have the block out of the car it seems like a much harder
if not impossible job to put the grooves into the block, with it still
in the car, rather than the head.

Bud Rolofson

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)
71F-250 Camper Special (Triumph Support Vehicle)
Z-50A Hardly Davidson 1977 Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)
levilevi at comcast.net