[TR] Seeking Classic Car Insurance Advice

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Wed Aug 10 05:09:54 MDT 2011

On Tuesday, August 09, 2011 05:14:10 pm G.D. Huggins wrote:
> All,
>
> I am doing my homework on having the TR4A insured and have learned
> something about "Actual Cash Value" vs. "Stated Value".
> I have a quote from USAA based on Actual Cash Value.  They do not do Stated
> Value.
>
> I am looking to get a quote or five from firms that will provide a Stated
> Value policy AND have little to no driving restrictions.
>
> Who should I look at?  Who should I avoid?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Guy D. Huggins
> 1965 Triumph TR4A
> CTC 63569LO

Guy,

I have used American Collectors for over 30 years. All 3 Triumphs.

I have agreed value on all 3 and do all of my policy management on-line. That
includes adding my recently completed 72 TR6.

There are driving restrictions but none that affect my cars such as driving to
the Mall, work etc. which are prohibited. I drive only to car hops, shows and
rides in the "country". I avoid the 4 laners and interstates if possible. But
that is just me. I am in no hurry when I am in one of my Triumphs. The longer
the ride lasts the better!

Bob