[TR] tr3A Front Apron

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 08:47:03 MDT 2011

On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 6:21 PM, Alex <ambritts at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> ...Drilled the holes and later after paint attached the letters...

If your apron is already painted drilling may create a problem.  I had to
drill for my rear 'TRIUMPH' badge when the body guy thoughtfully welded up
those holes.  The car was already painted (base and clear coat).  All went
well until a couple of years later when cracks appeared in the paint
radiating from a couple of the holes.  There was not a load of bondo on
there, perhaps a skim of filler was used.  Perhaps I should have chamfered
the edge of the hole after drilling or some other technique.

I mention all this in case anyone has a good technique for drilling after
painted.

Geo