[TR] three point seat belts in a tr3

J.C. Hassall jhassall at blacksburg.net
Fri Aug 5 14:10:30 MDT 2011

On 8/5/2011 12:41 PM, Lee&John Howard wrote:
> Yes, but the problem with roll bars is that they restrict the seat's
> backward slide. I, being 6 2" ,  had to remove mine to achieve a
> modicum of comfort.  Maybe there's a roll bar that doesn't attach to
> the floor right behind the seats.
> John Howard
>

> On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 7:40 AM, <pethier at comcast.net
> <mailto:pethier at comcast.net>> wrote:
>
>     J.C., that's absolutely the way to go.  Don't forget to pad the
>     roll bar because you won't be wearing a helmet on the street.

John, I'm also 6'2" and seat adjustment isn't a problem because I
fabricated a set of brackets (custom roll bar) which bolt to the frame,
on which the bar is offset and angled to the rear.  There's a gnat's
eyelash of clearance between the bar and the wheel arch, which leaves
plenty of adjustment.  And as Phil mentioned, the bars are padded
(padding must be removed to raise the top, but a small price to pay).
If you're interested in fhaving a bar made, I can send pix.

jim

--
Jim Hassall
Blacksburg VA