[TR] wire wheels

KingsCreekTrees at aol.com KingsCreekTrees at aol.com
Wed Aug 3 19:58:32 MDT 2011

I love my painted wire wheels. I think the painted ones look more
purposeful than the chrome ones, which I think look a bit over-done. More to the
point, I have had 48-spoke and 60-spoke wire wheels go out of round and
require  tuning. However, since I fitted my 72-spoke, 5.5-inch wide wires to my
TR3A I  have not had to make any adjustments. These are the ones originally
fitted to  TR6's, I think. They are very strong, do not require frequent
adjustments and  have been used by racer friends of mine since the mid-1970's
with no  problems.

I ditched my 60-spokers due to them only allowing skinny rubber that was
not up to the excellent TR3 disc brakes and also because of the  maintenance.

Tim

I'm  thinking of buying chrome wire wheels (tr-3) and am just curious about
what  other peoples experiences have been with wire wheels.  Are there
problems
with having them get knocked out of round?  Are there more  problems with
keeping them balanced?  Just wondering how people like  wire wheels.

gary n.

triumphs at autox.team.net

Archive:  http://www.team.net/archive
Forums:  http://www.team.net/forums