[TR] TR6 Sticking Choke Cable

Meythaler, Greg greg.meythaler at intel.com
Wed Aug 3 12:57:56 MDT 2011

Once saw a car that had sticking choke cable and throttle cable that was
missing it's engine ground strap, cable was acting as the ground and welding
itself inside the sheath.

-greg

> Hello all,

> Been a while since I've posted here and glad to be back.

> The choke cable in my 72 TR6 is sticking in place.  I took the knob off and
used a set of robo-grips to move it back and forth and gave it a squirt of
Wurth 2000.  Nothing seems to work.  The cables are not kinked (but are very
long.  The carb connections move freely so I don't THINK that is the problem.
Any suggestions?