[TR] TR3A leather trim

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Tue Aug 2 14:44:46 MDT 2011

In a message dated 8/2/2011 1:57:10 PM Central Daylight Time,
geomurphy at windstream.net writes:
> I am restoring a 1960 TR3A.  I have leather and vinyl strips from the
> Roadster Factory that supposed to be sufficient to cover the Dash and all
> the trim pieces.  I have enough leather to cover the long piece above the
> dash and two doors and the two arched pieces directly behind the doors.
> But
> There are three other trim pieces that are under the convertible top when
> in
> the down position.  One long piece in the very back and two that are in
> the
> rounded corners.   Should these three pieces be covered in leather or the
> vinyl material?   Thanks  George Murphy, 60 tr3A Waleska Ga.

I received the same thing in my kit from Moss.  I presume the rear capping
pieces are to be covered with vinyl.  Likewise, the leather seats have
leather seating surfaces but the rest is vinyl.  >et me know if you figured out
how to stretch the leather over those curved pieces.  I gave up and I'm going
to sent them off to someone further along the learning curve.

Dave